In this section we answer common questions that volunteers may have about participating in a research study with the Hope Clinic.
- Contact one of our staff and they will complete a phone consent and a phone screen questionnaire with you to determine which study you would be a good match for. You can reach April at email@example.com or by phone at 404-712-9493.
- If you are eligible for a study after completing the questionnaire the recruiter will schedule a screen appointment with you.
- You will receive an e-mail verification of your appointment, directions to our clinic and the consent form to review before your visit.
- When you first arrive you will fill out contact information and a basic medical questionnaire provided at the front desk.
- You will then meet with the study coordinator to review the consent form and answer any questions that you may have about the research study.
- The study coordinator will review your medical history, check your vital signs, draw blood, and ask for a urine sample.
- Finally you will have a physical exam with one of our physicians on staff.
Volunteers are paid to volunteer for a research study at the Hope Clinic. This amount varies depending on the study but typically ranges from $25 to $75 per visit.
- You will need to bring your ID to your appointment.
- Make to sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your appointment and drink plenty of water the day before and the day of your appointment.
- Arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled visit.
- The study coordinator will contact you with your next steps once the results of the blood and urine tests are back. This may be approximately 1 week after your screening visit.
- If you match the study criteria you will be scheduled for an additional screening appointment or an enrollment visit.
- If you do not match the study criteria, we will ask to keep your name and number in our database to contact for future studies.